What is the best credit/debit card for travellers ?

finance.geek

KF Expert
Travel Credit Cards are the cards that are tailored for the needs of frequent travelers. These credit cards, by offering benefits like complimentary access to airport lounges, 24×7 concierge service and insurance benefits, not only make the cardholder’s travel experience smoother and more comfortable but also, in most cases, offer a higher reward rate on travel-related spends like flight bookings, hotel reservations, etc. Many travel credit cards earn rewards as AirMiles which can be redeemed for air ticket bookings, award flights (free flights), or class upgrades with partner airlines.

Air Vistara Co-branded Credit Cards:​

1.Axis Bank Vistara Infinite Credit Card​

Joining Fee​

Rs. 10,000 (plus applicable taxes)

Renewal Fee​

6 CV (Club Vistara) Points per Rs. 200 you spend

Best Suited For​

Travel

Reward Type​

Reward Points

Welcome Benefits​

1 Complimentary Business Class ticket voucher

Apply Now

2.Club Vistara IDFC First Credit Card​

Joining Fee​

Rs. 4999 plus taxes

Renewal Fee​

6 CV Point per Rs. 200 spent, 10 CV Points on dining spends on your Birthday, 1 CV Point on fuel

Best Suited For​

Travel

Reward Type​

Reward Points

Welcome Benefits​

Complimentary class upgrade voucher and 1 premium economy flight ticket voucher for Air Vistara

Apply Now

3.Club Vistara SBI Card PRIME​

Joining Fee
Rs. 2,999 (plus applicable taxes)

Renewal Fee​

4 CV (Club Vistara) points/Rs, 200 for every spend, including fuel transactions.

Best Suited For​

Travel

Reward Type​

Reward Points

Welcome Benefits​

1 complimentary Premium Economy class ticket as a gift voucher on payment of the joining/renewal fee.

Apply Now

IRCTC Co-branded Credit Cards:​

1.HDFC Bank RuPay IRCTC Credit Card​

Joining Fee​

Rs. 499

Renewal Fee​

Rs. 499

Best Suited For​

Travel

Reward Type​

Reward Points

Welcome Benefits​

Amazon voucher worth Rs. 500 on making the first transaction within the first 30 days.

Apply Now

2.IRCTC Rupay SBI Credit Card​

Joining Fee​

Rs. 500 (plus applicable taxes)

Renewal Fee​

Rs. 300

Best Suited For​

Travel

Reward Type​

Reward Points

Welcome Benefits​

You get 350 reward points on a minimum transaction of Rs. 500 within 45 days after receiving the card. You also get Rs 100 cashback on your first ATM withdrawal within 30 days of card issuance.

Apply Now

Last edited by a moderator:

Hema Kulkarni

KF Mentor
Carry cash more often to save charges and sometimes you don't know if the place you are visiting has the acess
Last year I travelled to Vietnam, I took some cash along with the Card. In my experience Card worked at 99% of the places. My suggestion would be to carry very little cash - like 10% of your overall budget

finance.geek

KF Expert
Last year I travelled to Vietnam, I took some cash along with the Card. In my experience Card worked at 99% of the places. My suggestion would be to carry very little cash - like 10% of your overall budget
If you are going somewhere in asia then you can carry some cash but if you are planning to travel Europe or North America. then only rely on the card

sagar_03

KF Ace
For Travelling following card can be also good options

1. SC Easemytrip Credit card: This card offers 20% discount on Hotel bookings & 10% discount on Flight bookings. Domestic & International lounge access. & That to for a Annual fee of ₹350+GST(₹413).

2. Niyo Global Credit Card : Zero forex Markup & domestic lounge access.

Other cards are also there like Amex Platinum Travel cards etc. But for that watch YouTube videos bekifaayati for better understanding.

For Travelling following card can be also good options

1. SC Easemytrip Credit card: This card offers 20% discount on Hotel bookings & 10% discount on Flight bookings. Domestic & International lounge access. & That to for a Annual fee of ₹350+GST(₹413).

2. Niyo Global Credit Card : Zero forex Markup & domestic lounge access.

Other cards are also there like Amex Platinum Travel cards etc. But for that watch YouTube videos bekifaayati for better understanding
This bekifaayati video will help you -

elite34700

KF Rookie
See depends on travel needs too. If you’re looking for some great hotel tie ups , great deals and your lifestyle is affluent travel then nothing can beat Amex Platinum.