where should I invest for 6 months ?

ps88

KF Rookie
JUST FOR EXAMPLE -- I have a requirement of 1 lakh after 6 month. So I manage to save 20K on monthly basis in my bank account to fulfill my requirement after 6 month.
But the question here is - simply keeping 20K on monthly basis for 6 month in saving account won't give me any good interest on it.
So is there any way - I can invest this 20K every month for such short duration in other plans or somewhere else so I can get better returns compare to what I m going to get after keeping in saving account ??

PiyushLaxman

KF Rookie
FD/RD is a good option if your risk appetite is very low you can get up to 7% p.a. If it’s slightly higher then go for P2P lending which can give 12% p.a and some if them even give daily interest earnings

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
JUST FOR EXAMPLE -- I have a requirement of 1 lakh after 6 month. So I manage to save 20K on monthly basis in my bank account to fulfill my requirement after 6 month.
But the question here is - simply keeping 20K on monthly basis for 6 month in saving account won't give me any good interest on it.
So is there any way - I can invest this 20K every month for such short duration in other plans or somewhere else so I can get better returns compare to what I m going to get after keeping in saving account ??
If your risk appetite is low, Bank RD/ FD

ps88

KF Rookie
If your risk appetite is low, Bank RD/ FD
Thanks for the reply Shavir. In case if I am willing to take moderate or high risk -- then what will be your suggestion ??
In case if I go with -- P2P lending - what will you suggest for it ??

zack54

KF Expert
Use Fi app for investing you amount for short or long duration. They are providing better interest rates among all bank Fd's. On Fi app they have an invest platform with the name Jump. You can choose the plans as per your choices and accordingly you can choose the tenure of your early withdrawls.
Rate of interest will also change as per the plans.

Other than this you can go with bank Fd's but every bank has different terms.

Arjun Sahu

KF Rookie
Well My friend as you want to invest for six months , so liquidity is very important to you.
So I suggest you have invest in T-bills. You can directly create your account through RBI retail direct.
I hope it's helpful.

zack54

KF Expert
Well My friend as you want to invest for six months , so liquidity is very important to you.
So I suggest you have invest in T-bills. You can directly create your account through RBI retail direct.
I hope it's helpful.
Thanks for sharing the information. Please share some more details regarding the same.

HorusJCB

KF Rookie
So is there any way - I can invest this 20K every month for such short duration in other plans or somewhere else so I can get better returns compare to what I m going to get after keeping in a savings account ??
U must consider mutual funds or P2P investment for your choice.