Which Health insurance for father with Diabetes mother with no disease will be best ?

My father is 51 this year and mother 47 father having diabetes type 2 and drinker and mother with migraine issues. We had a bad experience from HDFC ergo during 2nd covid wave they didn't gave us any claim that time so this time looking for a genuine health policy which help us in these conditions.

zacobite

KF Mentor
My father is 51 this year and mother 47 father having diabetes type 2 and drinker and mother with migraine issues. We had a bad experience from HDFC ergo during 2nd covid wave they didn't gave us any claim that time so this time looking for a genuine health policy which help us in these conditions.
why was claim denied? try icici but v expensive.. star health has decent plans..

why was claim denied? try icici but v expensive.. star health has decent plans..
They said diabetes was not declared but we have informed agent prior about all the things. Just because my father didn't checked papers and i was unaware of insurance related knowledge now looking for better Policy.
I got a star health policy attached with this reply ( through agent ) so comparing all other if anyone can help checking if its good or not

Attachments

• HEALTH ASSURE ONE PAGER.pdf
    180.9 KB · Views: 5

luciferocious

KF Mentor
They said diabetes was not declared but we have informed agent prior about all the things. Just because my father didn't checked papers and i was unaware of insurance related knowledge now looking for better Policy.
I got a star health policy attached with this reply ( through agent ) so comparing all other if anyone can help checking if its good or not
mistake of agent of not declaring does not mean hdfc ergo is bad bro

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Ok, this seems slightly complicated so let me try to break this down
  • Only type 2 diabetes is covered by Insurance Companies. Type 1 is rarely covered.
  • Insurance Companies bifurcate Type 2 diabetes on various parameters - When did this happen (Before or After 30)? Any Comorbidity? etc
  • Both Drinking and Smoking are considered as Self Infliction so the coverage will depend on the amount and frequency of intake. If it's too high - rarely will any insurance company agree to offer coverage. Even if they do, the premium will be super steep
  • You should consider getting separate Health insurance for your Father and Mother. Family Plan in this case does not make sense.
  • If you're not happy with HDFC Ergo (even though it was clearly Agent's fault), you can try for Care Advantage/ Care Freedom.
  • Next time, when you take an Insurance - make sure everything is declared from Day 1 including the amount & frequency of alcohol consumed

Shavir has said it correctly. You should get seperate insurance for both of them, insted of taking a family floter. And please disclose everything in the form insted of just telling the insurance agent verbally, You should must disclose everthin on the conformation call from the insurance company.

atanu88

KF Rookie
Go for star health insurance it's hospital network is very good and plans are also good

I have attached pdf of 1 plan i got from them so can u check and suggest me if its fine

NO, Don't go for this policy.
Room rent limit is 1% of sum Insured. I will have to check for the co-pay claws also is is 10% which is also not good.
You need to check for all of this before you buy health insurance.

zack54

KF Expert
Niva Bupa is expensive also they revise the premium every year. Although claim settlement is good in Niva but one has to pay more amount every year.

Niva Bupa is expensive also they revise the premium every year. Although claim settlement is good in Niva but one has to pay more amount every year.
If you go with the plan which has lock the clock feature in niva... they are the best... premium will not be that much higher in the long run... you will save a lot of premium.

I am checking the best plan for you I will share it with you soon.

Aditya Birla Activ One
With Riders-
Claim Protect
Super Credit
Reduction in Pre Existing Disease (1 Year)
Mention all your medical conditions (Select other diseases also to cover migraine) and your premium will be around 41K Annually.
According to me, this is the best Plan available for you,
Another Plan would be Care Supreme Direct (with the same 3 Riders) if you wish you can check that also.

Thank You,