Bank not refunding my money

Dello guys, I want a little bit of help from you guys.
I am a customer of Kotak Mahindra Bank. I have withdrawn ₹10,000 from a ATM of (AXIS bank) on 8th October, 2023. After enter the amount and pin, I heard the sound of counting cash but the machine did not gave me any cash. On the screen it showed transaction successful but I did not get any money. The same amount had been deducted from my bank account instantly.

I waited for 1-2 days, then registered a complaint on phone banking. They told me to wait for about 7-8 working days but still no solution was provided to me. Then I have registered a level 2 complaint for (CCTV FOOTAGE) request.
Now, when I call customer service they say that the beneficiary bank (AXIS bank) is saying that the transaction was successful ; but it's a LIE !!!! Then I visited their branch and told them to share the CCTV footage with me for further investigation, they said that they have written a mail to backend team to share the CCTV footage but even after 15 days there is no reply from their side.

I have even submitted a written complaint to the nearest branch manager and I have even written a mail to Kotak Bank (NODAL officer) and (Principal Nodal Officer) but there is no reply from there side also.

It has already been more than 29 days and neither they are refunding my money nor they are sharing the CCTV footage. They are just wasting my time by giving useless excuses.
I am attaching all the necessary proofs for reference purposes.

Even if you guide me what should I do further, that will be a lot for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-06-17-30-41-72.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-06-17-30-41-72.jpg
    834.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2023-11-06-12-45-34-67.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-06-12-45-34-67.jpg
    771.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2023-10-20-11-36-47-60_0ce57feeccaa51fb7deed04b4dbda235.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-20-11-36-47-60_0ce57feeccaa51fb7deed04b4dbda235.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20231020_114323.jpg
    IMG_20231020_114323.jpg
    803.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20231020_113916.jpg
    IMG_20231020_113916.jpg
    636.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20231020_114648.jpg
    IMG_20231020_114648.jpg
    639.4 KB · Views: 13
There are some ways to handle directly through RBI if bank is not giving the solution. I don't know the exact details how to do so. But, you can google it.
You can register a complaint on RBI Portal.
Hope you get your resolution soon!

Gigachad

KF Mentor
Dello guys, I want a little bit of help from you guys.
I am a customer of Kotak Mahindra Bank. I have withdrawn ₹10,000 from a ATM of (AXIS bank) on 8th October, 2023. After enter the amount and pin, I heard the sound of counting cash but the machine did not gave me any cash. On the screen it showed transaction successful but I did not get any money. The same amount had been deducted from my bank account instantly.

I waited for 1-2 days, then registered a complaint on phone banking. They told me to wait for about 7-8 working days but still no solution was provided to me. Then I have registered a level 2 complaint for (CCTV FOOTAGE) request.
Now, when I call customer service they say that the beneficiary bank (AXIS bank) is saying that the transaction was successful ; but it's a LIE !!!! Then I visited their branch and told them to share the CCTV footage with me for further investigation, they said that they have written a mail to backend team to share the CCTV footage but even after 15 days there is no reply from their side.

I have even submitted a written complaint to the nearest branch manager and I have even written a mail to Kotak Bank (NODAL officer) and (Principal Nodal Officer) but there is no reply from there side also.

It has already been more than 29 days and neither they are refunding my money nor they are sharing the CCTV footage. They are just wasting my time by giving useless excuses.
I am attaching all the necessary proofs for reference purposes.

Even if you guide me what should I do further, that will be a lot for me.
Complaint a rbi banking ombersment. They will give you a solution. Also ask for compensation for mental harrasment.

cardy

KF Expert
Yah rbi ombudsman route works best
Lodge complaint in rbi CMS portal with all the previous letters. Wait for 3 working days. Surely receive a good call.

Prince

KF Mentor
Hie Sarthak,

Sharing the Compliant raising link for the RBI Portal, please escalate this issue to RBI Portal, Tag all the letter and email copy as attachment along with letter stating facts and issue quoting dates.
Also as mentioned by Mr. Gigachad, you can ask for compensation if wants to, or request RBI to take disciplinary action against the bank, for not serving the customer

Last edited:

Upendra

KF Rookie
You should file a complain to RBI ASAP. Money must be taken by axis bank employee who loaded cash in ATM, instead of deposit this in suspense account.