Credit score generate

raj164

KF Ace
Am a 18 yr old i recently got idfc wow credit card against 10k fd . I need tips on how to generate the best credit score and after that can I apply for a unsecured one as soon as I have a credit score?

I need recommendations for my 1st unsecured card and and I rlly want it soon before I turn 19.

Hi,
Congrats on ur first card.
Try to keep your spending below 30 percent every month. In case it is more than that then make sure you repay most of the amount back before the statement is generated. That way the credit utilisation will be under control and your credit score will not be negatively impacted.
Always pay full amount once the statement is generated. Don't fall for the minimum due trap.
You can keep checking ur credit score every month and after 6 to 9 month when you have built a good score you can apply for unsecured card.
All the best.

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hi,
Congrats on ur first card.
Try to keep your spending below 30 percent every month. In case it is more than that then make sure you repay most of the amount back before the statement is generated. That way the credit utilisation will be under control and your credit score will not be negatively impacted.
Always pay full amount once the statement is generated. Don't fall for the minimum due trap.
You can keep checking ur credit score every month and after 6 to 9 month when you have built a good score you can apply for unsecured card.
All the best.
yes.. patience for 6-9 months and disciplined usage and ontime payments.. dont rush for second card