Earn 1% Cashback on Credit Card Payments - HDFC BillPay

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Hi Guys, wanted to share a unique way to earn 1% Cashback on Credit Card Payments from HDFC Billpay. Have been using this method from quite some time now.

Disclaimers:

1) You need to have a Savings Account + Debit Card with HDFC Bank, as the 1% Cashback will be on your Debit Card
2) This method does not work for HDFC Bank Credit Cards
3) If you have Easyshop Platinum debit card then you get a maximum cashback of 750 in a month. Or in other words your Credit Card Bill of max 75,000 will be eligibile for 1% cashback. This INR 750 cashback/ month is also valid on Easyshop Imperia, Preferred, Classic, and Women’s Advantage
If you have HDF's Millenia Debit Card, then the max cashback is capped to INR 400/ month.

Steps for earning 1% cashback

Step 1: Go to HDFC's Netbanking Portal (also valid on App)

Step 2: Got to "BillPay & Recharge" Option from the Top

Step 3: Select Credit Card Payment in the Add Biller Category

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 3.04.26 PM.png

Step 4: Select the Credit Card (almost all Credit Cards are available here)

Step 5: Enter your Card Details (Card Number) and Bill Amount

Step 6: In Payment Option, select Debit Card as an option (Cashback is not available on Bank Account)

Step 7: Enter OTP. Complete the Transaction.

Step 8: To track your reward points, go to Card Section ---> Enquire

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 3.53.26 PM.png

Step 9: Check and Redeem Card Points
Note: You can only redeem a min of 250 points. These points have a validity of max 1 year from the date of Credit

Step 10: Entire Process can be done via HDFC's App also

Let me know if you know of any other better ways to earn cashback on your Credit Card Payments?

Sumit Bhal

KF Rookie
It is Indeed a bummer that This method does not work for HDFC Banks' own Credit Cards. IDFC credit cards are also unavailable to add to the billers which I found strange.

sunny16bansal

KF Rookie
The issue here is that this has limited banks listed. So when I heard about this and went on to pay my credit card bill for my IDFC credit card, I could not find it. Is there any workaround for banks which are not listed here?

Gigachad

KF Mentor
Hi Guys, wanted to share a unique way to earn 1% Cashback on Credit Card Payments from HDFC Billpay. Have been using this method from quite some time now.

Disclaimers:

1) You need to have a Savings Account + Debit Card with HDFC Bank, as the 1% Cashback will be on your Debit Card
3) If you have Easyshop Platinum debit card then you get a maximum cashback of 750 in a month. Or in other words your Credit Card Bill of max 75,000 will be eligibile for 1% cashback. This INR 750 cashback/ month is also valid on Easyshop Imperia, Preferred, Classic, and Women’s Advantage
If you have HDF's Millenia Debit Card, then the max cashback is capped to INR 400/ month.

View attachment 22

Step 6: In Payment Option, select Debit Card as an option (Cashback is not available on Bank Account)

View attachment 23

Note: You can only redeem a min of 250 points. These points have a validity of max 1 year from the date of Credit

Let me know if you know of any other better ways to earn cashback on your Credit Card Payments?
What about hdfc credit card?..
You can't pay them from hdfc bill protral..

saurabhj

KF Rookie
Great , thanks for this . would love to add that , doing payment with Pay zap app gives good cashback compared to gpay and phonepe

zack54

KF Expert

Disclaimers:

View attachment 22

View attachment 23

Hello there,

Thankyou for the shared information. Recently Hdfc bank has changed the website design and as per the new design I tried to pay my credit card bill but I am unable to do so. After entering in the billing section and filling the details of my credit card and further opting the hdfc debit card for payment, transaction failed everytime. I dont know the reason why trasaction has been failed.

Please suggest what should I do?

Thankyou

Hello there,

Thankyou for the shared information. Recently Hdfc bank has changed the website design and as per the new design I tried to pay my credit card bill but I am unable to do so. After entering in the billing section and filling the details of my credit card and further opting the hdfc debit card for payment, transaction failed everytime. I dont know the reason why trasaction has been failed.

Thankyou
someone please confirm about this because I was planning to open an account in HDFC Bank just for this benefit....if it is not longer applicable I wont open an account

zack54

KF Expert
someone please confirm about this because I was planning to open an account in HDFC Bank just for this benefit....if it is not longer applicable I wont open an account
Hello Ms. Kaur,

As I am holding a Hdfc salary cum saving account, cause its salary based I can maintain zero balance otherwise minimum balance required is 10k. Also I didn't find any way to waive off debit card annual charges. In my opinion I would recommend you to open account in Axis bank. Although they also have minimum balance required in the account but it depends on the type of account you are holding.

Thankyou

Hello Ms. Kaur,

As I am holding a Hdfc salary cum saving account, cause its salary based I can maintain zero balance otherwise minimum balance required is 10k. Also I didn't find any way to waive off debit card annual charges. In my opinion I would recommend you to open account in Axis bank. Although they also have minimum balance required in the account but it depends on the type of account you are holding.

Thankyou
Thanks for the response but I dont have need to open a bank account. I was going for HDFC bank account just to get the benefit of credit card bill payments (1% cashback) through its debit card. So just wanted to confirm if that offer is still valid then only I will open HDFC account else I dont have need to open any bank account

zack54

KF Expert
Hello there,

Thankyou

Attachments

• hdfc1.jpg
    hdfc1.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 27
  • hdfc2.jpg
    hdfc2.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 29
  • hdfc3.jpg
    hdfc3.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 31

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
What are the maintenance charges on a HDFC savings account and what are annual charges of its debit cards and is there a way to get waive off on these charges? @ShavirB
There are maintenance charges per say for HDFC savings Account. You just need to maintain an average minimum balance (this vary's on the type of account you have). Annual Charges for Debit Card also vary from Rs. 200 to TRs. 750 depending on the type of card you have - For Moneyback they will charges Rs. 200, for Platinum they will charge Rs. 750

Have attached the detailed list of charges for HDFC Accounts

Attachments

• HDFC Charges Updated.pdf
    662.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Reactions: Adi
There are maintenance charges per say for HDFC savings Account. You just need to maintain an average minimum balance (this vary's on the type of account you have). Annual Charges for Debit Card also vary from Rs. 200 to TRs. 750 depending on the type of card you have - For Moneyback they will charges Rs. 200, for Platinum they will charge Rs. 750

Have attached the detailed list of charges for HDFC Accounts
Really helpful! Thanks

philipjs1996

KF Rookie

Disclaimers:

View attachment 22

View attachment 23

You can earn 1% cashback for HDFC credit cards also if you use Mobikwik and make the payment using your HDFC debit card.

hemang

KF Rookie
Can someone confirm that BillPay through hdfc netbanking is giving 1% cashback on credit card bill payment or not ??

Tej23

KF Rookie

Disclaimers:

View attachment 22

View attachment 23

Disclaimers:

View attachment 22

View attachment 23

Hi @ShavirB Is it mandatory to set smartpay for these bills or will 1% be applicable if we just pay through DC?