Earn 1% Cashback on Credit Card Payments - HDFC BillPay

RohiTheGr8

KF Rookie
What are the maintenance charges on a HDFC savings account and what are annual charges of its debit cards and is there a way to get waive off on these charges? @ShavirB
If you can afford, Open a 25K MAB HDFC savings account. Currently, there are no charges for Platinum DC in that account. I have opened that 3 months ago just to enjoy this 1% cashback.

@ShavirB, There is no cashback on HDFC credit card bill payments through the HDFC Platinum Debit card. It's available in a few selected categories.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 9.56.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 9.56.27 AM.png
    264.6 KB · Views: 13
Hi Guys, wanted to share a unique way to earn 1% Cashback on Credit Card Payments from HDFC Billpay. Have been using this method from quite some time now.

Disclaimers:

1) You need to have a Savings Account + Debit Card with HDFC Bank, as the 1% Cashback will be on your Debit Card
2) This method does not work for HDFC Bank Credit Cards
3) If you have Easyshop Platinum debit card then you get a maximum cashback of 750 in a month. Or in other words your Credit Card Bill of max 75,000 will be eligibile for 1% cashback. This INR 750 cashback/ month is also valid on Easyshop Imperia, Preferred, Classic, and Women’s Advantage
If you have HDF's Millenia Debit Card, then the max cashback is capped to INR 400/ month.

Steps for earning 1% cashback

Step 1: Go to HDFC's Netbanking Portal (also valid on App)

Step 2: Got to "BillPay & Recharge" Option from the Top

Step 3: Select Credit Card Payment in the Add Biller Category

View attachment 22

Step 4: Select the Credit Card (almost all Credit Cards are available here)

Step 5: Enter your Card Details (Card Number) and Bill Amount

Step 6: In Payment Option, select Debit Card as an option (Cashback is not available on Bank Account)

Step 7: Enter OTP. Complete the Transaction.

Step 8: To track your reward points, go to Card Section ---> Enquire

View attachment 23

Step 9: Check and Redeem Card Points
Note: You can only redeem a min of 250 points. These points have a validity of max 1 year from the date of Credit

Step 10: Entire Process can be done via HDFC's App also

Let me know if you know of any other better ways to earn cashback on your Credit Card Payments?
I have onecard credit card by sbm bank...will it work for this?

sujitdunna

KF Rookie
Hi Guys, wanted to share a unique way to earn 1% Cashback on Credit Card Payments from HDFC Billpay. Have been using this method from quite some time now.

Disclaimers:

1) You need to have a Savings Account + Debit Card with HDFC Bank, as the 1% Cashback will be on your Debit Card
3) If you have Easyshop Platinum debit card then you get a maximum cashback of 750 in a month. Or in other words your Credit Card Bill of max 75,000 will be eligibile for 1% cashback. This INR 750 cashback/ month is also valid on Easyshop Imperia, Preferred, Classic, and Women’s Advantage
If you have HDF's Millenia Debit Card, then the max cashback is capped to INR 400/ month.

View attachment 22

Step 6: In Payment Option, select Debit Card as an option (Cashback is not available on Bank Account)

View attachment 23

Note: You can only redeem a min of 250 points. These points have a validity of max 1 year from the date of Credit

Let me know if you know of any other better ways to earn cashback on your Credit Card Payments?

Disclaimers:

View attachment 22

View attachment 23

Cannot find IDFC First Credit card in the list

Biswajit_CC

KF Rookie

Disclaimers:

View attachment 22

View attachment 23

First of all thank you shareing the helpful information. I have a HDFC bank 191 Rural Savings Account (Zero Balance). From that account I just got a Rupay Easyshop Platinum Debit Card. In this card actually that 1% Reward Point offer is not applicable. So my Question is that, What type of savings account I have to open in HDFC bank to avail Visa Easyshop Platinum Debit Card (with 1% Reward Point Offer)? And if that account have any Monthly or Daily Balance maintenance criteria? So please specify that also. Thanking You:)

If you can afford, Open a 25K MAB HDFC savings account. Currently, there are no charges for Platinum DC in that account. I have opened that 3 months ago just to enjoy this 1% cashback.
Hey,
Can you tell me more about this? as when I enquired in HDFC Bank they said for regular savings account (AMB 10K) Milenia and Platinum Debit cards have annual fees. I am fine with keeping 25K in saving account if I get their platinum debit card without any annual fee

SUNAINA

KF Ace

Disclaimers:

View attachment 22

View attachment 23

SUNAINA

KF Ace

Disclaimers:

View attachment 22

View attachment 23

HDFC Credit card is not available there and I don't have any other credit card please tell how can I get .

rajath575

KF Rookie
The video on youtube about the 1% cashback on credit card bill payment mentioned that this offer isnt available for paying HDFC CC bills. The alternate option was to make payment via Mobikwik. Doesn't mobikwik restrict the use of the cashback to only 5% of super coins every time I transact? Any better way for HDFC CC bill payments?

SiddheshYeole

KF Rookie
someone please confirm about this because I was planning to open an account in HDFC Bank just for this benefit....if it is not longer applicable I wont open an account
I always face issue while SBI card payment. But works fine for ICICI card payment. Don't know what is the issue with SBI card. Raised complaint multiple times but no solution😞

My SBI card payments are going through properly...make sure you enabled online transactions on your debit card through my card app of hdfc (it is not by default so you have to enable if before start using it for bill payments)

Disclaimers:

View attachment 22

View attachment 23

Simple method for all credit cards if you have HDFC cards
They buy amazon pay vouchers on Payzapp with flat 5% discount
Then pay your credit card bill with amazon pay.
Limit 20000 per month
So buy vouchers and accumulate good money to pay ur bills

Simple method for all credit cards if you have HDFC cards
They buy amazon pay vouchers on Payzapp with flat 5% discount
Then pay your credit card bill with amazon pay.
Limit 20000 per month
So buy vouchers and accumulate good money to pay ur bills
Have you tried it? Because imo amazon pay balance cant be used to pay credit card bills