Earn 1% Cashback on Credit Card Payments - HDFC BillPay

KRISH#7171

KF Ace
Hi Guys, wanted to share a unique way to earn 1% Cashback on Credit Card Payments from HDFC Billpay. Have been using this method from quite some time now.

Disclaimers:

1) You need to have a Savings Account + Debit Card with HDFC Bank, as the 1% Cashback will be on your Debit Card
2) This method does not work for HDFC Bank Credit Cards
3) If you have Easyshop Platinum debit card then you get a maximum cashback of 750 in a month. Or in other words your Credit Card Bill of max 75,000 will be eligibile for 1% cashback. This INR 750 cashback/ month is also valid on Easyshop Imperia, Preferred, Classic, and Women’s Advantage
If you have HDF's Millenia Debit Card, then the max cashback is capped to INR 400/ month.

Steps for earning 1% cashback

Step 1: Go to HDFC's Netbanking Portal (also valid on App)

Step 2: Got to "BillPay & Recharge" Option from the Top

Step 3: Select Credit Card Payment in the Add Biller Category

View attachment 22

Step 4: Select the Credit Card (almost all Credit Cards are available here)

Step 5: Enter your Card Details (Card Number) and Bill Amount

Step 6: In Payment Option, select Debit Card as an option (Cashback is not available on Bank Account)

Step 7: Enter OTP. Complete the Transaction.

Step 8: To track your reward points, go to Card Section ---> Enquire

View attachment 23

Step 9: Check and Redeem Card Points
Note: You can only redeem a min of 250 points. These points have a validity of max 1 year from the date of Credit

Step 10: Entire Process can be done via HDFC's App also

Let me know if you know of any other better ways to earn cashback on your Credit Card Payments?
Do you have any trusted demo video of same process, It will help a lot 🙏

In how many days the cashback is reflecting in your account. I tried with Payzapp, but couldn't see any cashback yet, its almost 2 months now.
You will not get cashback on Payzapp app cc bill payment using HDFC easy shop platinum debit card.

HDFC easy shop platinum debit card 1% upto 750 cashback credited within 2 days to 2 weeks (Sometimes it will take upto 2 weeks). Pay through HDFC bill pay portal.

gargsuneet

KF Rookie
You will not get cashback on Payzapp app cc bill payment using HDFC easy shop platinum debit card.

HDFC easy shop platinum debit card 1% upto 750 cashback credited within 2 days to 2 weeks (Sometimes it will take upto 2 weeks). Pay through HDFC bill pay portal.
Thanks Abhishek for the quick reply. Let me try on the HDFC Bill Pay Portal

gargsuneet

KF Rookie

I got it. But there i am not able to find HDFC bank credit card. So how to pay for HDFC bank credit card, as my main spends are on HDFC credit card.

I have HDFC Credit Card which i want to pay. BBPS bank??
You can pay Kotak, SBI Card, Federal bank, AU bank, BOB, IDBI, Canara bank and Indusind Bank credit card bills through BBPS (Bharat Bill Payment System) a.k.a NBBL.

Payzapp already integrate all these banks credit card bill pay through BBPS.

Which bank credit card bill you paid on Payzapp ?

BBPS system ask you to enter last 4 digit of your credit card number & mobile number to pay your CC bills.

Non-BBPS system ask you to enter full 16 digit credit card number to pay.

gargsuneet

KF Rookie
Using Payzapp i had paid HDFC Credit Card bill.

Payzapp already integrate all these banks credit card bill pay through BBPS : So it mean is it possible to get 1% cashback on HDFC Credit Card bill payment using Payzapp?

GoldGani

KF Rookie
Hello there,

Thankyou for the shared information. Recently Hdfc bank has changed the website design and as per the new design I tried to pay my credit card bill but I am unable to do so. After entering in the billing section and filling the details of my credit card and further opting the hdfc debit card for payment, transaction failed everytime. I dont know the reason why trasaction has been failed.

Please suggest what should I do?

Thankyou
I do have same issue. Can anyone please help on this...
It is saying smart pay is off for my SBI credit Card payment

Simple method for all credit cards if you have HDFC cards
They buy amazon pay vouchers on Payzapp with flat 5% discount
Then pay your credit card bill with amazon pay.
Limit 20000 per month
So buy vouchers and accumulate good money to pay ur bills
How can be pay bill using Amazon Pay balance ?

For Smartpay is disabled error

Kindly try to add all possible billers/credit cards in biller section in one go. You might have to wait7-10 days for biller activation and approval before doing payment.

It gets successful after few days of adding biller(although smartpay shows as disabled/off)

If you try to do add biller today and try cc payment in 2-3 days, payment will fail

My experience

SBI

KF Ace
Hi Guys, wanted to share a unique way to earn 1% Cashback on Credit Card Payments from HDFC Billpay. Have been using this method from quite some time now.

Disclaimers:

1) You need to have a Savings Account + Debit Card with HDFC Bank, as the 1% Cashback will be on your Debit Card
2) This method does not work for HDFC Bank Credit Cards
3) If you have Easyshop Platinum debit card then you get a maximum cashback of 750 in a month. Or in other words your Credit Card Bill of max 75,000 will be eligibile for 1% cashback. This INR 750 cashback/ month is also valid on Easyshop Imperia, Preferred, Classic, and Women’s Advantage
If you have HDF's Millenia Debit Card, then the max cashback is capped to INR 400/ month.

Steps for earning 1% cashback

Step 1: Go to HDFC's Netbanking Portal (also valid on App)

Step 2: Got to "BillPay & Recharge" Option from the Top

Step 3: Select Credit Card Payment in the Add Biller Category

View attachment 22

Step 4: Select the Credit Card (almost all Credit Cards are available here)

Step 5: Enter your Card Details (Card Number) and Bill Amount

Step 6: In Payment Option, select Debit Card as an option (Cashback is not available on Bank Account)

Step 7: Enter OTP. Complete the Transaction.

Step 8: To track your reward points, go to Card Section ---> Enquire

View attachment 23

Step 9: Check and Redeem Card Points
Note: You can only redeem a min of 250 points. These points have a validity of max 1 year from the date of Credit

Step 10: Entire Process can be done via HDFC's App also

Let me know if you know of any other better ways to earn cashback on your Credit Card Payments?
Sir ye easyshop, imperia, preferred , classic & women's advantage debit card type hai ya account type? ??

Sir ye easyshop, imperia, preferred , classic & women's advantage debit card type hai ya account type? ??
As per my understanding Easyshop is Debit card type and Imperia, preferred , classic are bank account type. Can say with my personal exp as I have Easyshop preferred debit card as I am part of HDFC Preferred account type. Hope it clarifies.