Fi account debit card amc

I have fi account powered by federal Bank. When I open this account long back ago, it is promising that no amc will be charged for debit card. But now they are charging for the same. Can I go to the RBI banking ombudsman after complaining first to the bank? There chat system is not responding properly. So can I mail my issue at
EMAIL
help@fi.care
Or any other way to reach them?
Can this charge reverse?
Is this change is valid for old customers when promised ltf at the time of opening the account? If yes then any ltf credit card can also be made chargeable. Is not it?

zacobite

KF Mentor
I have fi account powered by federal Bank. When I open this account long back ago, it is promising that no amc will be charged for debit card. But now they are charging for the same. Can I go to the RBI banking ombudsman after complaining first to the bank? There chat system is not responding properly. So can I mail my issue at
EMAIL
help@fi.care
Can this charge reverse?
Is this change is valid for old customers when promised ltf at the time of opening the account? If yes then any ltf credit card can also be made chargeable. Is not it?
if u have any documentary evidence then first go to Fi Nodal then RBI.. but u will need proof of LTF

rk2354976

KF Ace
If you got any solution then pls let us know here, I also have fi account, but have not charged yet, maybe I have maintained some fund in the account.

amitvicky

KF Expert

Similar thread on bekifaayati

sayantandas

KF Rookie
EMAIL
help@fi.care
Can this charge reverse?
Not only debit card but for account as well. Just like Jupiter account, if 5000 rupees is not maintained per month then it will charge 236 per month AMC charges. And if one wants to close the account then one has to pay 354 rupees. Have been using Fi and Jupiter since their launch and had been a loyal customer. Seeing such kind of updates disheartens me.
It is better to close the account than to pay 236 per month or 1180 yearly for non maintenance of balance on top of debit card fees as well.

rk2354976

KF Ace
Is this account closing fees applicable to old users also ? Is there any time limit for eg after 1 year they will not charge this account closing fee etc ? I also have both fi and Jupiter for 2 years, but these type of cheap technic force us to look other options as well.

sayantandas

KF Rookie
Is this account closing fees applicable to old users also ? Is there any time limit for eg after 1 year they will not charge this account closing fee etc ? I also have both fi and Jupiter for 2 years, but these type of cheap technic force us to look other options as well.
Yes, old users would also be impacted/charged. Sadly!. It is made very clear in the service charges and fees documents communicated by Federal Bank. Federal Bank is the banking partner of Jupiter and Fi. Sharing the screenshot if it helps.
I had been a user of both since they launched.Yes, it better to look for other options. There are some better options available like Indusind Delite zero balance account, AU Bank Digital Savings Account, Kotak 811 account. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240921-222046_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20240921-222046_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    683.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Service Charges and Fees (With effect from 01st June 2024).pdf
    386.1 KB · Views: 1

sherin.real1

KF Rookie
EMAIL
help@fi.care
Can this charge reverse?
Yes, both Fi and Jupiter started with free/no amc narrative in the initial days and later began charging. I'm maintaining some balance which converts the account as pro, so I don't get charged. I'm unsure if complaining will help because they emailed all existing customers that they revised their charges. But you can try.

Shubham

KF Ace
EMAIL
help@fi.care
Can this charge reverse?
@zacobite @rk2354976

I first raised the complaint to fi in March then to RBI in April and got the resolution in July that bank will refund my debit card charges.
Here is the screenshot of the bank reply.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-09-26-12-47-02-502_com.google.android.gm-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-09-26-12-47-02-502_com.google.android.gm-edit.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 2