How does CPSE ETF Looks as an investment option for >5 years investment?

Priteshmt

KF Rookie
I am 45, male, with spouse and a kid
I am investing in MFs already for around 12+ years and somewhat also in stocks.
I have medium to high risk appetite

I am looking for opinion / review about CPSE ETF, for investment horizon of more than 5 years

Does the portfolio of this ETF contain stocks that shall get good long-term returns & growth?
Or should I focus on picking 1 or 2 stocks from it? Or shall avoid it altogether?

Skylar

KF Master

I am looking for opinion / review about CPSE ETF, for investment horizon of more than 5 years

Does the portfolio of this ETF contain stocks that shall get good long-term returns & growth?
Or should I focus on picking 1 or 2 stocks from it? Or shall avoid it altogether?
The growth of PSUs is uncertain, and the government’s ongoing privatization efforts significantly influence the long-term outlook of CPSE ETF

zacobite

KF Mentor

avoid.. too narrow.. buy bharat 22 if u like etfs.. or buy individual stocks

Historically, CPSE ETFs have provided reasonable returns, but these returns can be highly correlated with the performance of the public sector enterprises, which are sometimes subject to government policies and economic conditions. If you’re considering a 5-year horizon, CPSE ETFs could provide steady returns if the underlying PSEs perform well. The long-term growth potential would depend largely on the performance of these enterprises and the broader economic conditions in India. Picking individual stocks might offer higher growth potential. However, this comes with increased risk and requires thorough research and analysis. You might also consider focusing on specific sectors where you anticipate significant growth. For example, if you believe that energy or infrastructure will grow substantially, you could pick stocks in those specific areas. If you have a medium to high-risk appetite, diversifying your investments beyond CPSE ETFs could be beneficial. This might include a mix of equities, mutual funds, and possibly some higher-risk opportunities in emerging markets or sectors.