How to upgrade HDFC Basic Savings Account to Classic / Preferred / Imperia Account?

sagar_03

KF Ace
***********.hdfcbank.com/personal/save/high-networth-banking/premier-banking/preferred/eligibility Pls refer this. There are different criteria e.g. maintaining balance of 2lakh etc

nectarzzzz

KF Rookie
You can easily do it with mobile banking and netbanking or If facing any problem visit nearby branch you can also go through customer care they have also option to do it

tamalkanti10

KF Rookie
I am an HDFC preferred customer of last four years. I have seen that this was converted from my savings max account after few months of making an fd of 20 lakhs. HDFC tells that the bank internally reviews customers each 6 months but even after withdrawal of my fd they haven’t changed my account from preferred since last two years. It may be a catch

santoshraut

KF Expert
Yes, just maintain required balance and/or fixed deposits. Then you will receive upgrade message and email, or you can upgrade it through branch.

Hema Kulkarni

KF Mentor
I am an HDFC preferred customer of last four years. I have seen that this was converted from my savings max account after few months of making an fd of 20 lakhs. HDFC tells that the bank internally reviews customers each 6 months but even after withdrawal of my fd they haven’t changed my account from preferred since last two years. It may be a catch
Thanks for this insight
How much time has it been since you withdrew that FD?

Hema Kulkarni

KF Mentor
Yes, just maintain required balance and/or fixed deposits. Then you will receive upgrade message and email, or you can upgrade it through branch.
Have been regularly maintaining the required balance since last 8-9 months, but still haven't received any call/ mail from anyone

Branch employees are also not that helpful and HDFC's Customer Service is too painful to deal with

Hema Kulkarni

KF Mentor
You can easily do it with mobile banking and netbanking or If facing any problem visit nearby branch you can also go through customer care they have also option to do it
How can it be done via Mobile Banking or NetBanking? I couldn't find that option anywhere