Incorrect data in CIBIL

Hi

There are multiple incorrect data entries in my CIBIL:

- I have never owned the second phone number.
- I have never stayed at one of the home addresses mentioned.
- One of the loan entries is not mine.

I raised dispute for all of them but I got the reply that it is correct and contact the financial institution. This is a financial institution I have never even heard the name of.

Firstly why should I be reaching out to them? Shouldn't CIBIL be doing that directly?

Secondly there is no option to delete the phone and home address so I just replaced them with mine. Is there a better way?

Gigachad

KF Mentor
Hi

There are multiple incorrect data entries in my CIBIL:

- I have never owned the second phone number.
- I have never stayed at one of the home addresses mentioned.
- One of the loan entries is not mine.

I raised dispute for all of them but I got the reply that it is correct and contact the financial institution. This is a financial institution I have never even heard the name of.

Firstly why should I be reaching out to them? Shouldn't CIBIL be doing that directly?

Secondly there is no option to delete the phone and home address so I just replaced them with mine. Is there a better way?
Is the load is a enquiry or its reflecting your cibil as a loan account..

It is visible as loan enquiry as well as a loan account. The account had been closed a few years ago but the original borrower had defaulted some payments.

shashwat

KF Ace
Can you share the name of the financial institution? In some cases, if you've taken a loan product from digital lending apps, they have a different NBFC name and a different app name.