Kotak & Indus Account Issue

DFinance

KF Ace
Hey guys, this is my first ever post so I'll keep it short + sorry if I break any guidelines as I just joined this forum today.

Being an enthusiastic guy in everything in life I always wanted to have everything I could get for every sector. Same for banking and finance (more on that some other day).

In 2021 when I turned 18 I opened up many VKYC based accounts and two of them were from Kotak & Indusind banks.

The issue is that the application process of both of them got interrupted in between and now whenever I try to open an account with them or apply for cards it says I already have an account and I should enter the details such as DOB etc. but when I do it... It doesn't take me anywhere and says data is incorrect.

What should I do in this situation? Both of my accounts are in mid-way stage and I can't proceed with anything.

Have you guys experienced something like this? What's the solution?

P.S branch visit etc. didn't help and I don't care much as I'm an introvert 😅.

DFinance

KF Ace
Update : tried indus after 3 years of this happening and voila... Clicking on continue application button and entering all my previous info lead me to account setup completion page and I finally have an indus account as well.

Taking my total Indian bank account count to 26 😅. I don't remember whether I had completed KYC or not in 2021 but it didn't ask for it. Waiting for my welcome kit to start using the bank.

I tried kotak again but nothing... After entering Adhaar, PAN details it asks for photograph of mine and 2 documents but when I click on upload it says I already have an account. I have already sent their higher ups a mail and will be complaining on PG portal first then will see how it goes. Kotak is my first and last account which got stuck like this in between 😂.

BTW thanks @ShavirB for your help. Sorry if I made a mistake as I'm a newbie to this forum. But I do have experience in other forums. Will take some time to settle here 😅.

Update : tried indus after 3 years of this happening and voila... Clicking on continue application button and entering all my previous info lead me to account setup completion page and I finally have an indus account as well.

Taking my total Indian bank account count to 26 😅. I don't remember whether I had completed KYC or not in 2021 but it didn't ask for it. Waiting for my welcome kit to start using the bank.

I tried kotak again but nothing... After entering Adhaar, PAN details it asks for photograph of mine and 2 documents but when I click on upload it says I already have an account. I have already sent their higher ups a mail and will be complaining on PG portal first then will see how it goes. Kotak is my first and last account which got stuck like this in between 😂.

BTW thanks @ShavirB for your help. Sorry if I made a mistake as I'm a newbie to this forum. But I do have experience in other forums. Will take some time to settle here 😅.
One genuine question: what are you planning to achieve with 26 bank accounts?

DFinance

KF Ace
Update : registered complaint against Kotak regarding this... Let's see what happens.

Indusind bank account has been successfully opened and funded. Somehow it says I'm already registered for mobile banking so will have to remove the device and proceed to login now.

Wanna try kotak once they do something.

DFinance

KF Ace
I like your spirit. Just watch out for debit card charges.
Most of them are lifetime free and if they're not I just try to replace them with lower variant which doesn't come with any fees or switch to virtual cards by writing down the details securely. It surely is working since the last 3 years.

DFinance

KF Ace
Great.. hope you know that you have to declare ALL accounts to ITD now on... Any banks left to be blessed by you :)?
Hmm... Without making any transactions as well? I just make one transaction per year to keep the least used ones active and I have 6 banks as primary which I have stored all my funds into and regularly transact. This clears up a lot of confusion and will surely help for the tax declaration if I ever need to.

As per your last question... I still don't have account in Axis, HSBC, Canara, CBI, Indian Bank, UCO Bank, Indian Overseas, Punjab & Sind, DCB (Will Have Soon), Dhanalakshmi, J&K, RBL & Kotak etc.
Let's see how it goes 😅.

I have like 500+ grams worth of cards... I know it isn't a unit to measure them but physically they don't even fit in my hands so have to use this example 😅.

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hmm... Without making any transactions as well? I just make one transaction per year to keep the least used ones active and I have 6 banks as primary which I have stored all my funds into and regularly transact. This clears up a lot of confusion and will surely help for the tax declaration if I ever need to.

As per your last question... I still don't have account in Axis, HSBC, Canara, CBI, Indian Bank, UCO Bank, Indian Overseas, Punjab & Sind, DCB (Will Have Soon), Dhanalakshmi, J&K, RBL & Kotak etc.
Let's see how it goes 😅.

I have like 500+ grams worth of cards... I know it isn't a unit to measure them but physically they don't even fit in my hands so have to use this example 😅.
yes.. all irrespective of usage.. have to declare