Offered upgrade to HDFC regalia gold from millenia.Should I upgrade?Upgrading to regalia gold how will it affect my odds to get an upgrade to infinia?

shrishtiwari

KF Rookie
Offered upgrade to HDFC regalia gold from millenia.Should I upgrade?Upgrading to regalia gold how will it affect my odds to get an upgrade to infinia?

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
If you are into travelling a lot and have an annual spend of 5lakhs or more, then you should upgrade to HDFC Regalia Gold.
This card has good milestone benefits.
Yes, it will increase your odds of getting an upgrade to Infinia.

Skylar

KF Master
Let’s weigh the options and explore the impact of upgrading to HDFC Regalia Gold from HDFC Millennia. Both cards have their merits, so let’s break it down:

HDFC Millennia:

Pros: Millennia offers 5% cashback on popular e-commerce websites like Amazon, Flipkart, and more. It’s a great choice for online shoppers.
Cons: The cashback is capped at 1,000 Reward Points for both online and offline spending.

HDFC Regalia Gold:
Pros: Regalia Gold provides a wider range of benefits, including 20 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent on select brands like Myntra, Marks and Spencers, Nykaa, and Reliance Digital. Additionally, you get international lounge access along with domestic visits1.
Cons: The joining fee for Regalia Gold is higher at Rs. 2,5001.
Upgrade Considerations:

Upgrading to Regalia Gold could enhance your travel experience with better lounge access and additional perks.
However, it’s essential to evaluate whether the higher fee aligns with your spending habits and lifestyle.

Impact on Infinia Upgrade:
While upgrading to Regalia Gold won’t directly affect your chances of getting an upgrade to HDFC Infinia, it does demonstrate your creditworthiness and engagement with HDFC Bank.
To qualify for Infinia, focus on Limit increase to 8lac and maintaining a healthy credit profile, consistent spending, and timely payments.

Ultimate Winner:
Accordingly, the HDFC Millennia card emerges as the winner due to its lower fees and reasonable benefits. However, if you happen to possess the SBI Cashback card, consider opting for the upgrade for Millennia to Regalia Gold.

In summary:
  • Regalia Gold: If luxury and comfort are your priorities, this card might be worth considering.
  • Millennia: For a more cost-effective option, Millennia remains a solid choice.
  • Infinia: Keep building your credit history—it’s the key to unlocking elite cards in the future! 🌟💳

Last edited:

AshwiniS

KF Rookie
I have HDFC Millenia LTF with limit of 1.65 Lakhs. I have the option of upgrading and/or increasing limit. I am currently a Classic Banking Memebr soon to be upgraded to Preffered Baniking Member.
* Since its LTF card, I dont use it much. I have Amex Plat Travel and SBI Cashback. So my entire annual spend is almost covered with both of them.
* Annual Spend on cards is not more than 6-7 Lakhs
* Will choose to upgrade only if getting LTF card.
* Want to reach Infinia asap.
What is the best strategy?