What is this "Suit filed" in cibil report!

nikhilchauhan

Administrator
Staff member
A suit is a legal action taken by the lender against the borrower for missed loan payments. Reasons for missed payments vary, including intentional default or financial constraints. Once filed in court, the lender notifies CIBIL about the suit.

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
Today, I face this same issue.
I had two Pay Later services - Amazon and Flipkart. I used it 2-3 times last year to build my credit score and stopped using it after clearing all the payments.
Today, after a year, I saw in the OneScore app, that these loans have been closed and it says Suit Filed/Wilful Defaults/Settled.
I'm confused what to do.
Will this affect my CIBIL score?

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Today, I face this same issue.
I had two Pay Later services - Amazon and Flipkart. I used it 2-3 times last year to build my credit score and stopped using it after clearing all the payments.
Today, after a year, I saw in the OneScore app, that these loans have been closed and it says Suit Filed/Wilful Defaults/Settled.
I'm confused what to do.
Will this affect my CIBIL score?
Yes, will definitely affect your cibil score. Please get this removed by getting in touch with CIBIL. As per latest RBI guidelines they must resolve this within 30 days. You should also get in touch with Onescore if the suit was filed erroneously - they will agree because they would want to avoid any legal action against them.

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
Yes, will definitely affect your cibil score. Please get this removed by getting in touch with CIBIL. As per latest RBI guidelines they must resolve this within 30 days. You should also get in touch with Onescore if the suit was filed erroneously - they will agree because they would want to avoid any legal action against them.
Thanks!

shashwat

KF Ace
I don't think it says Suit Filed. I think this seems to be a message that One Score is putting for Suit Filed OR Settled. Because no bank or nbfc would file a suit and mark the account as settled at the same time.

I think raise it with one score and maybe they'll clarify. Doesn't seem to be a cibil issue specifically, just a wording issue in one score

Shikshakshuk

KF Rookie
IMG_1463.jpeg

I think this is a problem from one score app, I have checked on google pay it says active.

I have never skipped the payment.

Let me know what to do next if I am wrong.

zacobite

KF Mentor
I don't think it says Suit Filed. I think this seems to be a message that One Score is putting for Suit Filed OR Settled. Because no bank or nbfc would file a suit and mark the account as settled at the same time.

I think raise it with one score and maybe they'll clarify. Doesn't seem to be a cibil issue specifically, just a wording issue in one score
its fine.. one app issue.. not a cibil problem.. its green, they have clubbed multiple categories.. get cibil app for best info..

zacobite

KF Mentor
its fine.. one app issue.. not a cibil problem.. its green, they have clubbed multiple categories.. get cibil app for best info..
additionally you can check experian / crif from cred free.. the data on all credit bureau is generally same ( some timing diff maybe there) while their score maybe diff.. just to be sure on what the bank has reported..

Dear Friend,

Upon reviewing the screenshot you provided, it appears that the status is not accurately reflected. I would like to suggest verifying this discrepancy by accessing your TransUnion CIBIL score. Perhaps, you could avail yourself of the complimentary annual credit score check offered by CIBIL. This measure may offer clarity and enable you to ensure the accuracy of your credit information.

Best regards,
Ganesh