Clarification Needed: HDFC Millennia Debit Card Cashback on Credit Card Bill Payments

Hi everyone,

I recently opened an HDFC bank account and received a Millennia debit card. However, I've been informed that credit card bill payments made using this debit card do not earn cashback rewards. Upon reviewing HDFC's net banking details, it mentions that "No CashBack points for transactions on Fuel, Jewellery & Business Services including Credit Card Payment, Insurance Premium Payment & other Business Services."

I wanted to reach out to this community to clarify whether anyone has experience or information regarding cashback eligibility on credit card bill payments using the HDFC Millennia debit card. Can someone confirm if credit card payments qualify for cashback rewards or if they fall under the excluded categories mentioned in the terms?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-06 102309.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-05-06 102309.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 30

Skylar

KF Master
Hi everyone,

I recently opened an HDFC bank account and received a Millennia debit card. However, I've been informed that credit card bill payments made using this debit card do not earn cashback rewards. Upon reviewing HDFC's net banking details, it mentions that "No CashBack points for transactions on Fuel, Jewellery & Business Services including Credit Card Payment, Insurance Premium Payment & other Business Services."

I wanted to reach out to this community to clarify whether anyone has experience or information regarding cashback eligibility on credit card bill payments using the HDFC Millennia debit card. Can someone confirm if credit card payments qualify for cashback rewards or if they fall under the excluded categories mentioned in the terms?
Load your Amazon Wallet and pay your bill to receive 1% cashback on your Millennia DC (Capped at Rs. 400 Per Month). Please note that this Amazon wallet is separate from your Amazon gift balance, Gift card balance can't be used for paying bills.

Skylar

KF Master
You would already know this, The HDFC Platinum Debit Card has a fee of Rs. 750 plus GST for Normal Accounts, but it is zero for Savings Max or higher variant accounts. When using the HDFC Bank Bill Payment Portal, you can receive 1% cashback, up to Rs. 750 per month.

Load your Amazon Wallet and pay your bill to receive 1% cashback on your Millennia DC (Capped at Rs. 400 Per Month). Please note that this Amazon wallet is separate from your Amazon gift balance, Gift card balance can't be used for paying bills.
So i have to pay cc bill using Amazon and then using millennia debit card?

You would already know this, The HDFC Platinum Debit Card has a fee of Rs. 750 plus GST for Normal Accounts, but it is zero for Savings Max or higher variant accounts. When using the HDFC Bank Bill Payment Portal, you can receive 1% cashback, up to Rs. 750 per month.
But in the screenshot you can see that they have written no cashback points on credit card bill payment

Skylar

KF Master
Yes, you can get cashback on HDFC bill desk
So, you have to load money to amazon pay wallet and use it to pay Credit bills.
for loading money to amazon pay wallet you'll get 1% cashback using Millennia card.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Even if your credit card bill is less than 40k, load 40k on Amazon, pay the bill and transfer back the remaining amount to your account but you are still eligible for Rs.400/-pm as loading of 40k counts for 1% cashback in case of Millenia debit card
😏

Even if your credit card bill is less than 40k, load 40k on Amazon, pay the bill and transfer back the remaining amount to your account but you are still eligible for Rs.400/-pm as loading of 40k counts for 1% cashback in case of Millenia debit card
😏
we have to load 40k in one go. or can load small amounts multiple times but at max 40k?

Skylar

KF Master
If you didn't understand this then it's better not to follow the trick.
and ask HDFC to upgrade your card to Platinum.

Karunakara

KF Expert
To avail the cashback on hdfc milenia card from where I have to do the cc bill payment? Can you please share a link or ss
You have pay your credit card bill on Amazon Pay, using balance from Amazon wallet.

Step 1: load money in Amazon Pay wallet using Millenia Debit Card. Now your Amazon wallet has money (you may load as much money you require to pay credit card bill, one time or in multiple loadings)

Step 2: Now Pay credit card bill from Amazon Pay Bills, using Amazon Wallet balance.

You will get 1% cashback in the above procedure subject to a maximum of Rs 400.00 in a billing month. Got it?

You have pay your credit card bill on Amazon Pay, using balance from Amazon wallet.

Step 1: load money in Amazon Pay wallet using Millenia Debit Card. Now your Amazon wallet has money (you may load as much money you require to pay credit card bill, one time or in multiple loadings)

Step 2: Now Pay credit card bill from Amazon Pay Bills, using Amazon Wallet balance.

You will get 1% cashback in the above procedure subject to a maximum of Rs 400.00 in a billing month. Got it?
got it. load money in Amazon Pay wallet means adding money using a Debit card right?

Please tell if hdfc platinum debit card for other banks credit card bill pymnt can be used on on hdfcnetbanking app or anywhere else also. For ex can we use it on RBL bank app, there pay bill by filling debit card details? Will i still get reward points.?

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Please tell if hdfc platinum debit card for other banks credit card bill pymnt can be used on on hdfcnetbanking app or anywhere else also. For ex can we use it on RBL bank app, there pay bill by filling debit card details? Will i still get reward points.?
It can definitely be used at HDFC Bill pay portal for 1% cashback but using on other banks app may or may not fetch cashback depending on MCC code used by other banks site....i.e. RBL in your case. You can try and see if you are getting or not. 1% cashback is on Utilities and if MCC code is of non utility then you won't get