Income Tax refund - Help required

oschaudhary

KF Rookie
Had applied for ITR but the return amount that I was supposed to receive got deducted as IT office had not deducted that amount previous year and now that got deducted and it's fine to me. But i got below message and do not know what needs to be done now from ky end.
Please help, what needs to be done here. I got below message.

Dear CAXPITXXXXXX,
Txn of Rs. 12670 against CRN ending with 28xx is awaiting bank confirmation.
e-Filing, ITD

The message you received indicates that your income tax refund of Rs. 12670 (associated with CRN ending with 28xx) has been processed by the Income Tax Department and is awaiting confirmation from your bank. Here's what you need to do:
1. Verify Bank Account Details:
  • Log in to the e-filing portal (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/) and navigate to "My Profile" > "My Bank Accounts".
  • Ensure your bank account details, especially the account number and IFSC code, are accurate and up-to-date.
  • If any information needs updating, click on "Revalidate/Add Bank Account" and follow the instructions.
2. Check Bank Account Statement:
  • Monitor your bank account statement for the next few days to see if the refund amount has been credited.
  • It may take 2-3 working days for the funds to reflect in your account after confirmation from the bank.
3. Contact Bank if Refund Doesn't Arrive:
  • If the refund hasn't arrived within 5 working days, contact your bank and inquire about the status of the transaction.
  • Provide them with the CRN number and reference the message you received.
  • The bank can investigate the reason for the delay and offer further assistance.
4. Contact IT Department (Optional):
  • If the bank confirms there are no issues on their end and the refund is still pending, you can consider contacting the Income Tax Department.
  • You can reach them through the e-filing portal grievance redressal mechanism or by calling their helpline at 1800 103 0025 (or) 1800 419 0025 (or) 080-61464700.
  • Provide them with the CRN number and explain the situation.
Additional Tips:
  • You can track the status of your refund yourself on the e-filing portal. Go to "My Account" > "Refund/Demand Status" and select the relevant assessment year.
  • Make sure your PAN and bank account details are linked and validated for successful refund processing.
Remember, it's crucial to remain patient and follow these steps to resolve the issue. Don't hesitate to contact your bank or the Income Tax Department for assistance if needed.
I hope this information helps!