Senior citizen Health Insurance

Tusharbhoyar

KF Rookie
I recently bought Niva Bupa for my parents with coverage of 5 lakh with yearly premium of around 75k including GST. Please be aware that policy amount will be calculated as per oldest person in family. I bought for my father (62) and mother (52) so, premium calculation as per father's age. Then they'll ask you to pay around 65k. Once you paid the amount, their doctor will call you to register past medical record and ongoing disease over a call. Upon submission medical history, they'll come up with updated additional charge (my case- 20k) but Axis Bank executive help me to get it in around 10k (this is possible) and finally I paid 75k to get parents health insurance.
Try to inquire directly with Niba bupa company followed by Axis Bank.

Advantages:
1. Bed rent - no upper capping on private room
2. Covers Hospitalisation for 2 hours or more
(Minimum 24 hours for AYUSH Hospitals)
3. Sum assured renewal- if you won't use any amount then It'll keep on additing until sum assured becomes 10x
4. If you use all 5 lakh then again it will be auto recharge in same year.
5. Lock in premium- premium won't change while renewal.

Hope it helps!

zacobite

KF Mentor
I recently bought Niva Bupa for my parents with coverage of 5 lakh with yearly premium of around 75k including GST. Please be aware that policy amount will be calculated as per oldest person in family. I bought for my father (62) and mother (52) so, premium calculation as per father's age. Then they'll ask you to pay around 65k. Once you paid the amount, their doctor will call you to register past medical record and ongoing disease over a call. Upon submission medical history, they'll come up with updated additional charge (my case- 20k) but Axis Bank executive help me to get it in around 10k (this is possible) and finally I paid 75k to get parents health insurance.
Try to inquire directly with Niba bupa company followed by Axis Bank.

Advantages:
1. Bed rent - no upper capping on private room
2. Covers Hospitalisation for 2 hours or more
(Minimum 24 hours for AYUSH Hospitals)
3. Sum assured renewal- if you won't use any amount then It'll keep on additing until sum assured becomes 10x
4. If you use all 5 lakh then again it will be auto recharge in same year.
5. Lock in premium- premium won't change while renewal.

Hope it helps!
niva bupa service is quite terrible.. personal experience
.best product design and worst service.. v unreliable.. i am also looking for alternatives